7 Reasons Discriminating Equestrians Choose Metal Buildings
After the exciting win by Justify at the 144th Kentucky Derby earlier this month, now seems the perfect time to discuss stables and horse barns. Steel buildings are the clear winners in the structural “run for the roses” of equestrian operations.
And with an estimated 9.2 million horses living in the U.S., stables and horse barns are just the beginning.
So Why Choose Steel for Stables and Livestock Barn Kits?
- PRICE: Taking advantage of the superior strength of steel, prefab steel buildings create the strongest structure with the least amount of material. Steel buildings offer the most bang-for-the-building-buck.
- SPACE: Maneuverability matters in equestrian operations. Unobstructed space provides the safest and most comfortable environment for both horses and their caregivers. A pre-engineered metal building (PEMB) spans up to 300-feet without any interfering support columns. Thus, steel buildings are perfect for riding and training arenas, as well as farm equipment shelters.
- FLEXIBILITY: PEMBs allow stables and horse barns to be any length needed. In addition, increasing the building’s length later is both simple and economical.
- HEIGHT: PEMBs allow structural heights of 40 feet or more. Consequently, ranchers may opt to build offices above the barn or stable floor. The taller ceilings also work well for hay and grain storage, and equipment shelters. As an added bonus, commercial-grade PEMBs leave no place for annoying birds to roost or nest in the ceiling.
- FAST and EASY: Do-it-yourselfers by nature, many horse lovers may want to erect their stables and horse barns themselves— and save money. PEMBs arrive ready to assemble, with all framing prefabricated and marked for identification. It’s like putting together an adult-sized erector set!
- LITTLE MAINTENANCE: Whether you have a single horse or a huge herd, you want to spend your time with your stock— not constantly repairing and painting your structures. Steel building owners waste little time in maintenance.
- DURABILITY: PEMBs go up straight and true— and they stay that way, decade after decade. All RHINO steel buildings are engineer-certified to meet or exceed all current local buildings codes— for the lifetime of the structure! Our livestock barn kits also provide built-in resistance to damage from extreme weather, earthquakes, fire, mold, and even termites.
When Green Building Matters
Horse owners respect the land. Green building products and practices are important to them. And as the most recycled material on the planet, steel reigns supreme as the greenest building material.
Fortunately, steel never loses any of its strength, no matter how many times it is recycled. Decades from now, when stables and horse barns outlive their usefulness, the steel can be sold as scrap and recycled once again.
RHINO: Your Equestrian Building Headquarters
Call the RHINO Steel Building Systems hotline today at 940.383.9566 for information on our metal horse barn kits. Learn more about our attractive and stylish structures for ranch and farm operations.
Ask one of our experienced rural building specialists for tips and a free quote on the next equestrian building project on your horizon. Also, be sure to ask about all the livstock barn kit options available from RHINO, like gutters, overhead doors, insulation packages, and skylights.