The Four Basic Levels Pre-engineered Steel Building Design
Pre-engineered metal buildings prove to be the best buy for most low-rise construction projects. Custom steel structures are affordable now— and later.
- RHINO standard prefabricated steel buildings are economically priced— saving money.
- Metal building kits ship quickly— saving time.
- Manufactured components arrive at the job site ready for assembly— saving more time.
- Metal building framing cut erection time by about one-third— saving even more time.
- Strong, fire-resistant, termite proof steel buildings often earn lower insurance rates— saving money.
- RHINO’s Pro-Value insulation slashes heating and cooling costs as much 50%— saving more money.
- Durable pre-engineered metal buildings require little maintenance— saving time and money.
#1: Standard Metal Buildings
There are four basic levels of design in RHINO custom steel structures. The first is the “standard” order.
The standard steel building is a basic box. Requiring the least amount of design and engineering time, the standard is the most economical choice. Yet a standard metal building still offers liberal parameters:
- A simple gable roof of 4:12 pitch or less
- Eave height between 8’ to 40’
- Widths between 10’ and 150’ for clear span, or up to 400’ with minimal interior columns
- Unlimited length
#2: Modified-Standard Metal Buildings
A modified-standard steel building may add minimal changes to the basic box design of the standard.
For example, a modified-standard building might require a simple gable roof of 5:12 to 8:12 pitch or higher, additional framed openings, doors, and windows, or increased building loads.
#3: Custom Metal Buildings
It is possible to customize any standard or modified standard steel building very economically. These changes may slightly increase the order-to-delivery time over a standard custom steel structure order if extra engineering time is required.
- Extreme gable roof pitches over 8:12
- Hip roofs
- Eave heights above 40’
- Clear span widths from 151’ to 200’ or more. Or widths from 401’ to 480’ with interior columns
- Overhangs, canopies, vertical fascia, parapets, etc.
- Fundamental changes in the floorplan
#4: Ultra-Custom Metal Buildings
Original architectural designs require more engineering costs and longer delivery date, but for a one-of-a-kind building statement, it is worth the time and effort.
Sports arenas, churches, office structures, and theme restaurants, and other commercial enterprises may require “out-of-the-box” design.
Soaring ceilings, huge spans, complex roof designs, and extreme building loads can go beyond the capabilities of other building materials. Pre-engineered steel framing meets the needs for more sophisticated and aspiring structures.
Options Available for Every Level of Design
RHINO offer many options and upgrade materials. These options include:
• Choices of colors for exterior paneling and trim
• 26-gauge “A” steel exterior panels
• 24-gauge standing seam steel panels
• Cool-coated steel panels
• Liner panels and partitions
• Overhead doors, walk-in doors, windows
• Additional framed openings
• Gutters and downspouts
• Pro-Value insulation packages
• Skylights and wall lights
• And more
Discuss your next custom steel structure with a RHINO steel building specialist today at 940.383.9566.