Cash In by Building Metal Toy Boxes for Grown-Up Toys
Smart self-storage facility operators include boat and RV storage space in their facilities. And the really smart facilities build those vehicle storage sheds with pre-engineered steel buildings.
Recreational vehicle owners sink lots of money into their leisure toys. They need convenient and secure space to safely store their down time investments. Moreover, boat and RV storage tenants usually prove to rent space far longer than smaller unit renters do.
So just how big is the potential RV and boat storage market in the U.S.? Check out these amazing numbers:
- Almost 90 million people go boating every year.
- Over 12 million Americans now own a boat.
- Over 10% of households with incomes of $200,000 or more own a boat.
- Another 10 million outdoor buffs admit they are thinking about buying a boat.
- Recreational boat sales now top $3.6 billion annually.
- The majority of leisure boats sold range from 36’ to 45’ in length.
- Almost 10 million American households now own an RV.
- Americans purchased over 430,000 recreational vehicles last year, including travel trailers, motor homes, fifth-wheel campers, and camper vans.
- Today’s luxury motor homes can have price tags over $1 million.
- Lighter and smaller trailers appeal to younger campers— ages 35-54—a driving force of the today’s RV market.
- Almost one million happy campers now live full time in an RV! Some are retired, but some also work from the comfort of their RV.
- The average RV is 8’ wide (not counting those huge side mirrors), 55’ long, and 10’ tall (not counting AC units, satellite dishes, etc.).
Why Boat and RV Storage is on the Rise
As the number of boat and RV owners surges, storage problems have increased, too.
Newer homes have significantly smaller lots than in the past. Moreover, neighborhood restrictions often deny the use of driveways for permanent boat and RV storage. Consequently, most recreational enthusiasts must find a safer place to keep their high-end, weekend toys. They are flocking to those self-storage facilities and vehicle storage sheds that offer the greatest security and the easiest access.
Steel Buildings for Boat and RV Storage Units
Already familiar with and confident in steel-framed mini-warehouses, self-storage facility owners know the value of pre-engineered steel buildings. They trust steel to protect the valuables of their mini-warehouse tenants; they can trust steel to protect the expensive leisure joys of their boat and RV storage renters.
Structures from RHINO Steel Building Systems are:
- A cost-effective, commercial-grade building system
- Attractive and eye-catching, drawing in potential renters
- Sturdy and durable, retaining good looks and value for decade after decade
- Quick to construct
- Very low maintenance
- Resistant to damage from termites, mold, snow, rain, strong winds, lightning, earthquakes, mice and other vermin
- Non-combustible and cannot add fuel to a fire, often earning discounted insurance rates
- Available in any size needed
- Customized to your specifications and location
- Shipped all across North America, from the factory closest to your location, reducing freight charges
- Guaranteed to meet or exceed all current local building codes for the lifetime of the structure!
Cash in on the happy campers and boaters in your area with our boat and RV storage units. Build revenue-generating RHINO boat and RV storage facilities. Learn more about vehicle storage sheds by calling RHINO’s team of builders now at 940.383.9566.