April 17, 2015
Metal Buildings Bridge the Gap for Construction in the Mountain State
Pre-engineered steel buildings in West Virginia and Virginia find an audience who already appreciates steel construction. The greatest project ever developed in West Virginia would have been impossible without steel.
New River Gorge Bridge: The Pride of West Virginia
A triumph of engineering and steel construction, the New River Gorge Bridge spans the chasm over the river. When it opened in 1977, it was the highest vehicle bridge in the world.
The stats on the awesome steel arch bridge are impressive:
- Over 16,000 vehicles cross the bridge daily.
- The bridge runs 3,030 feet in length.
- The longest span is 1,700 feet.
- The roadway hangs 876 feet above the gorge floor.
- The bridge framing required over 88 million pounds of steel.
- The bridge cuts travel from one side of the gorge to the other from 45 minutes to 45 seconds.
- Guided bridge-walks allowed on the steel catwalk underneath the roadway.
West Virginians are so proud of the New River Gorge Bridge, they chose it to grace their commemorative state quarter in 2005.
The Benefits Of Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings In Virginia and West Virginia
Only steel provides the strength to span gorges. That same strength allows pre-engineered steel buildings to span farther, too.
No other building material can compete with the clear span capabilities of steel. Steel’s strength allows for open, unobstructed building interiors.
Churches, warehouses, aircraft hangars, pavilions, equestrian arenas, big-box stores, gymnasiums, recreational facilities, and other structures enjoy the open spaces afforded by steel.
However, clear span interiors are just one of the many benefits enjoyed by owners of steel buildings in West Virginia and Virginia.
RHINO’s pre-engineered metal buildings are:
- 100% recyclable.
- Affordable to buy.
- Affordable to operate.
- An environmentally friendly, green building material.
- Dimensionally stable.
- Easily expanded.
- Energy-efficient (with optional Pro-Value Insulation).
- Faster. Metal building construction saves time.
- Long lasting.
- Manufactured to precise tolerances for consistent quality.
- Practically maintenance free.
- Resistant to damages from fire, high winds, heavy snow, lightning, termites, mold, earthquakes, moisture, and rust.
- Perfect for all aviation, commercial, industrial, and even residential low-rise projects.
A Steel Building in West Virginia for Every Need
The possibilities for steel buildings in West Virginia stagger the imagination:
- Churchgoers in Charleston could construct an inspiring new sanctuary with a pre-engineered metal building.
- Huntington residents might flock to a new steakhouse built with the strength of steel.
- When the Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport in Parkersburg requires new hangars, steel framing is by far their best option.
- Morgantown and Wheeling commercial builders will find pre-engineered steel buildings offer the best value for commercial buildings, retail outlets, office buildings, and warehouses.
- Imagine a new gymnasium or health club built with steel for residents in Weirton of Fairmont.
- Beckley and Martinsburg entrepreneurs could build a profitable business with steel-framed self-storage structures.
- Clarksburg residents would find pre-engineered metal buildings great for backyard projects like garage/storage structures, hobby buildings, home offices, or man-caves.
- Teays Valley or South Charleston could not go wrong choosing pre-engineered metal buildings for municipal buildings, firehouses, or industrial complexes.
- Farmers and ranchers in West Virginia find nothing beats pre-engineered metal buildings barns, stables, riding arenas, and equipment storage structures.
- West Virginia’s rural residents always need more space, and steel-framed multi-purpose structures fit their needs and their pocketbooks admirably.
Discover The RHINO Difference For Steel Buildings In Virginia and West Virginia
Whatever your low-rise construction project, RHINO steel buildings in Virginia and West Virginia offer the strongest structure at the best price.
Call RHINO right now, toll free, at 888.320.7466 for information, planning assistance, or a fast, friendly quote on pre-engineered metal buildings or info for your next project in West Virginia.