Doing Your Homework Before You Buy a Steel Building
All metal building suppliers are not alike. Compare several companies. Investigate each business thoroughly in three primary categories: product, proven performance, and price.
When choosing a metal building kit, first-time building buyers immediately want quotes. In fact, many times they want a “cost-per-square-foot” before they even decide on the size of the building they need!
Metal building companies are like any other business: you usually get what you pay for. If you become fixated on the price without knowing the quality of the product, you may find you are “buying a pig in a poke,” as grandma used to say.
Get a list from each steel building supplier of what is included in their kit. Then ask these questions:
- What type of metal building system do they sell?
- What is the quality of the steel panels and fasteners? Thinner gauge steel costs less, but does not last as well. Cheaply made fasteners leak and rust.
- What waterproofing features does the kit contain?
- Are there time-saving features included with the kit?
- What options and upgrades like overhead doors, entry doors, gutters, skylights, vents, mezzanine floors systems, and insulation are available to ship with the order?
- What guarantees does the product carry?
Get the framing package details before you continue.
The promised product and price means nothing if the company is not above board. Scrutinize the companies you are considering by determining the following:
- How long has the company been in business?
- What is the company’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the sales staff professional and courteous, or pushy and impatient?
- Will the company supply references? If not, consider that a red flag and avoid that steel building company.
Get the facts before proceeding.
Once you have narrowed down the metal building suppliers by product and performance, you are ready to get quotes and compare prices.
For an accurate quote, supply the companies with complete information, such as the building’s:
- Proposed use
- Width, length, and height
- Roof style and pitch
- Number and sizes of doors and windows
- Any additional options upgrades
Use RHINO’s free online design tool to visualize your structure.
RHINO Stands Out from the Herd of Metal Building Suppliers
RHINO Steel Building Systems invites you to test our metal.
You can depend on the quality of our metal building products. All of our steel buildings will meet or exceed all current local building requirements for the lifetime of the structure— guaranteed!
In the past 20+ years, RHINO has shipped over 41 million square feet of sturdy steel framing all across North America. Is it any wonder that RHINO’s products are the sign of quality in metal buildings?
We are passionate about our premium products, our proven track record, and our competitive prices. Learn more about the RHINO Difference in steel buildings. Call RHINO now at 940.383.9566 for assistance with your metal building project.