Steel Building Systems, Inc
No other product so thoroughly dominates its market as steel buildings do in the industrial construction market. Today steel framing grabs a shocking ninety-five percent of all new industrial construction.
What gives steel buildings such a powerful edge in the industrial market?
Here are the top ten reasons industry chooses steel-framed construction:
1. Massive Space: Industrial businesses are no-frills operations. Aesthetics take a back seat to function. Industrial buildings need substantial amounts of space in basic box structures. That is the type of structure where steel’s strength really shines.
For optimal productivity, industrial businesses demand open, unencumbered floor space— and lots of it.
With the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building material, pre-engineered metal buildings (PEMBs) produce immense clear span structures up to 300-foot wide— the length of a football field. Steel buildings reach up to 480-feet in width with minimal interior support columns.
2. Floor Plan Flexibility: All industrial facilities need to adapt space quickly for maximize efficiency. The unobstructed interiors of clear span steel industrial buildings mean greater floor space options.
Space is not only horizontal, but also vertical. Metal industrial buildings allow soaring heights of 40-feet or more. Using economical mezzanine floors, industrial building owners can expand usable space by adding second floors for storage or office space.
3. Precision Framing: Industrial operations rely on precision to create their products. That’s why they appreciate the consistency and precision of factory-produced PEMBs.
Trained steel manufacturing professionals cut, shape, drill, punch, weld, paint, and mark every component of a steel building kit to exacting engineered designs. The steel framing arrives ready to assemble. Prefabricated industrial building parts save time, money— and hassles.
4. Easy Access: Maneuverability is important to most industries. Easy access saves time— and avoids accidents. The bigger entryways afforded by steel buildings help move larger equipment, products, trucks, or aircraft safely and easily.
Steel buildings factory locate doorways wherever most convenient for the particular industrial application. Overhead doors range from 20-feet to 70-feet in width. Insulated and wind-rated doors are also available, in a variety of lift styles.
5. Crane Use: Industrial businesses often require overhead cranes to move heavy-duty products down a production line. Metal industrial buildings are designed and engineered to handle overhead crane loads.
6. Eyes on the Future: As an industry changes and grows, needs change. Expanding is no problem with well-planned steel industrial buildings. Adding steel framing to either endwall is simple and economical.
Since steel framing is completely self-supported, sidewall extensions are also an option.
With pre-engineered steel buildings, renovation is far less disruptive to business than with other types of construction.
7. Longevity: One of the greatest assets of metal industrial buildings is their durability. A well-constructed steel industrial building lasts decades longer— and retains its value far better— than any other building system.
8. Building Options: In addition to overhead doors and mezzanines, builders can choose other options from RHINO Steel Buildings Systems to ship with the framing package:
9. Better for the Planet: Green building starts with steel, the most recycled material on earth. Steel is 100% recyclable.
Recycling steel reduces greenhouse emissions.
Steel is the only material that can be recycled repeatedly without losing any of its built-in strength.
10. The Bottom Line: No business can afford to ignore the cost of building a new facility, much less operating one. Pre-engineered steel framing delivers the most cost-effective way to build large industrial structures.
Businesses find metal buildings cost less to build, less to maintain, and less to operate than other building alternatives:
It is no wonder factories, forges, foundries, mills, mines, power plants, refineries, warehouses, and other industrial facilities overwhelmingly choose steel construction.
Many industrial facilities proudly claim RHINO as their metal building source. Thousands of RHINO industrial steel buildings now stand proudly all across the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
See why so many RHINO customers return to us time and time again for their commercial and industrial building needs— and ardently refer RHINO to other builders and buyers.
Call RHINO Steel Building Systems today for a quote on your upcoming industrial building project. Our experienced metal building specialists will answer every question on industrial structures and our pre-engineered steel buildings.
The RHINO toll-free hotline is 888.320.7466.