May 23, 2017
Factory-Made Structures for U.S. Factories
Using pre-engineered steel buildings for manufacturing plants makes perfect sense.
Manufacturing turns raw materials into new products. No one understands this concept better than the pre-engineered metal building industry, since quality-controlled manufacturing plants creates prefabricated steel buildings.
Benefits of Steel Buildings for Manufacturing
The basic needs of a factory are the same for every product manufacturer. Whether producing widgets, rockets, or metal buildings, a manufacturing plants operational efficiency determines its success.
RHINO Steel Building Systems understands the need for efficiency. Our factory-built building systems provide huge benefits for manufacturers:
- Cost-effective pricing
- Components produced to strict national industry standards
- Extra-wide, unobstructed spans for greater maneuverability
- Towering ceilings for large product production
- Unlimited lengths, ideal for long production lines—and future expansion
- Simple bolt-together building components
- 33% faster construction for quicker occupancy and lower labor costs
- Very low maintenance
- Durable and long-lasting, retaining value and beauty
- Exceptional insulation packages for increased worker comfort—and lower utility costs
- Superior protection from aging, earthquakes, fire, mold, storm damage, and termites
- Lower insurance costs
- Factory-friendly options for mezzanine floors, overhead cranes, and overhead doors
- Multiple factory locations across the U.S. to reduce freight costs
- Green, 100% recyclable building material
With benefits like these, it is no wonder steel now frames 95% of all low-rise industrial buildings, including factories, fulfillment centers, and warehouses.
U.S. Manufacturing Outlook
The importance of manufacturing to America’s economy cannot be overemphasized. According to The Manufacturing Institute, “No sector creates more economic value or supports more additional jobs than manufacturing… a strong and healthy economy requires a vibrant and growing manufacturing sector.”
- Manufacturers contributed $2.8 trillion to the U.S. economy last year.
- Manufacturing companies account for 47% of all U.S. exports.
- Currently, manufacturing creates 12.4 million U.S. jobs— 9% of the entire U.S. workforce. According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 399,000 manufacturing jobs remain available (as of April 2017).
- More than 94% of American manufacturing companies have less than 100 employees.
- American manufacturing is the largest on the planet, producing 18.2% of the all the world’s goods. (Today China nips at the heels of American dominance, manufacturing 17.6% of the world’s products.)
Factory-Made Buildings for North American Factories
Call RHINO steel buildings for manufacturing facilities and other upcoming construction projects. RHINO’s products and manufacturing plant construction services are second to none.
Speak to a RHINO metal building specialist today and learn how RHINO-tough factory-made structures will create the best home for your new factory or warehouse. Call us now, toll free at 888.320.7466 to learn about manufacturing plant construction.